Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My New Favorite Band!

This stuff should interest anyone who likes The Sun Sawed in 1/2. It might actually sound very good to anyone who likes melodic pop music – why not? For me, this is the coolest music there is. As I’ve already stated a couple of times in great detail, I’m somewhat addicted to Doug Bobenhouse’s vocals. I’ve become a real The Sun Sawed in 1/2 enthusiast during the past year, so I was very, very happy to find out that my favourite singer had started a new band called The Effingways, and he is writing the songs too!

At the moment, there are three songs at MySpace: Memories of Doubt, Polly Chromatic, and Two By Two. They are all good, and when the full-length album comes out, I’m not gonna miss it. Doug’s songs are very interesting because they don’t sound like Tim Rose’s compositions but the gorgeous sound of The Sun’s lead vocalist is present.

The Sun Sawed in 1/2 really should make more music. It’s been eight years since the last Sun album, so it surely is about time they got something new (besides side/solo projects) going on. I’m convinced that the band hasn’t yet shown everything – there really could be more excellent pop albums by The Sun Sawed in 1/2. The quality of the group’s work has been very high since the early stages of their career. Tim Rose’s first solo album Fresh Mowed Lawn from 2006 showed that he still has full capability of capturing magic in his music (I should praise that album soon).

There are so many things to look forward to! That is so great. If there wasn’t anything to wait for, life would be much more boring.

The Effingways at MySpace

No comments: