Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Hard Rock Favorite?

Now that I seem to have learned the basics of late 70s hard rock, I think it is time to move on to other bands of the same era and style. Therefore I have been wondering which band I am going to fall in love next. It is going to be a real challenge to impress me after Styx – I highly doubt any band is going to have nearly as wonderful vocalists as Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw... I test-listened to several bands already last summer and soon discovered Foreigner and the band's self-titled debut album. Lou Gramm's vocals, cool harmonies and melodies caught my attention pretty easily. I think I will discuss that in detail later...

So, what is going to be my next favourite 70s(/80s) rock/hard rock(/progressive rock) band? There surely are many to choose from. It may be Foreigner, Kansas, Asia, Boston or even REO Speedwagon. I have also given some thought to bands like Black Sabbath, Kiss, and Blue Öyster Cult. We'll see what happens... Also feel free to give me a hint! I tend to give a chance to almost any band that people recommend to me.

No comments: